Monday 28 July 2008

SDSTRTC(k)C News!

Yes, The San Diego Still Tangentially Related to Comics (kinda') Convention is done and dusted for another year. Bully
has the most adorable, and therefore best, coverage of the Con itself, but what news releases got me excited you ask oh hypothetical reader? Well I'll tell you.

There's some Darwyn Cooke noir adaptations coming. Not that I've ever heard of the originals but, y'know, Cooke.

Viz is putting out Naoki Urasawa's Pluto which is essentially Ultimate Astroboy except far better than the term I just used to describe it.

The Batman: The Brave and The Bold cartoon Trailer the target demographic of which is apparently Chris Sims aged 10.

The Ba/Moon twins deservedly sweep the Eisners. Also a new Vertigo book.

There will be new Pixar and Muppets comics from BOOM! The Muppets book will have artwork from Roger Lagridge which sounds like good stuff but they haven't announced any creative teams for the Pixar books (*cough* email in the sidebar*cough*).

Neil Gaiman will write a Batman story Which I'm not that excited about to be honest as his recent comics work hasn't done much for me (also my annoyance at novelists only working on licensed characters instead of original stories when they do comics work, but that's a rant for another day).


And that looks like it's about it in the news that gets me vaguely excited department. Apparently the buzz book this year was Watchmen which is only 2 years younger than I am, make of that what you will.

No comments: