Monday 24 September 2007

Some Observations on Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

...which i just finished.

The cover is damn f'ugly what ever way you look at it.

Blood, blood everywhere, the blood oh the blood!

Was Ginny's Birthday present to Harry just to let him feel her up?

Ravenclaw have the best common room, this is no great surprise as Ravenclaw is clearly the greatest house by far.

Did anyone else find the Goblins a little too close a particularly unpleasant real world stereotype (not that I'm accusing Rowling of anything, I'm thinking more along the lines of a Ragnell-esque analysis of familiar fantasy tropes that we take for granted type thing, but I can't find the post that best illustrates it, damn)?

Rowling managed to actually do some stuff with the characterisation that I had previously been very critical about her not doing, so good for her.

Never did find out if there's a Wizarding school in Japan, y'know some original Potter-verse manga would be pretty damn lucrative.

No I'm not going to draw any and pitch it to Bloomsbury. Not while I still have my dignity.

So check back in about a month...

1 comment:

Sam said...

That goblin thing hadn't occurred to me. Now I am disturbed.

Also, of course Ravenclaw are the best. I did the Sorting Hat on the official website years ago and it Ravenclawed me.